Women are drastically underrepresented in the technology industry and are dealing with constantly evolving relationships to power in that system. Offering these women tools to navigate the power systems in their organizations and unlock their personal power holds the potential to exponentially increase innovation and dynamic leadership as we move beyond the status quo to bring new voices and perspectives into the tech industry:
- Women represent 30% of the workforce at Google but the percentage of women whose jobs are technical is only 10% according to Google’s company records.
- 20% of Fortune 100 Chief Information Officer (CIO) positions were held by women in 2016 according to National Center for Women and Information Technology.
- Women executives represent 11% of the executives in Fortune 500 companies according to The Muse.
- In the high tech industry, the quit rate is more than twice as high for women (41 percent) than it is for men (17 percent) according to the Observer.
- 60% of women in tech reported unwanted sexual advances according to a study titled “Elephant in the Valley.”
The Pathway to Power
Consulting from the framework of power provides women with a new definition of power that they can learn and use immediately. Our consulting work focused on women and technology creates the opportunity for women to answer questions like: Do you have power? How do you get power? When do you use power? Why is power important? Our work creates the opportunity for the women in your company to experience transformation and unlock their leadership potential.
The best type of education for women is when they don’t receive information but experience transformation. Here are some of the outcomes for your company:
- Women learn good boundaries and navigate complex situations with increased ease.
- Women see the opportunity to innovate and take it.
- Women embrace their power and speak with conviction.
- Women shape a culture of open dialogue with diverse teams.
- Women are happier including positive self-expression and promotion.
Educate women to be powerful and the women and organization prosper.